Local Labour activists are continuing to campaign against the Tory Mayor’s plans to close Westminster Fire Station at Greycoat Place SW1.
The closure of Westminster’s fire station is part of an overall cuts package across London of 12 fire station closures with a reduction of 18 fire engines and 520firefighters.
Figures released by the London Fire Brigade shows that there will be slower fire response times as a result of the plans.
Any closure will mean 6 wards in Westminster will then fall outside of the target 6 minutes response time.
- Warwick (Response time will increase from 4.34 minutes to 7.16 minutes – a 2.42 minutes increase)
- Vincent Square (3.54-6.14) 2.20mins increase;
- Tachbrook (4.29-6.33) 2.04mins increase
- Churchill (5.27-6.51) 1.24mins increase
- Abbey Road (5.58 – 6.36) 38secs increase; and
- West End (5.44-6.16) 32secs increase.